You contacted us via the Invalid activity appeal form which is available for AdSense or AdMob publishers whose accounts have been disabled for invalid activity. However, we've noticed that your account has not been disabled for invalid activity, so we can't take any further actions based on your request.
Please take note of the following:
- If your account has been suspended, please note that there is no appeal form for suspended accounts. Please visit our AdSense suspended account or AdMob suspended account articles for additional information.
- If your AdSense application was disapproved, please see the disapproval email we sent you and review common application disapproval reasons for additional information.
- If your account is active and you've received a notification about invalid clicks or impressions on your ads, please visit our Help Centre to learn more about preventing invalid activity.
Regarding policy violations:
- If your account has been disabled for policy reasons, please review the AdSense account disabled for policy reasons article and appeal via the Policy violation appeal form.
- If your site has been disabled for policy reasons, please review the Ad serving was disabled to your website article and appeal via the Policy violation appeal form.
- If your app has been disabled for policy reasons, please review the AdMob policy violations article and appeal via the AdMob policy appeal form for apps. If you have multiple apps in which ad serving was disabled, complete one form per app.
If none of the above apply to you and you are certain that your account has been disabled for invalid activity (and not for policy reasons), please provide us with your publisher ID to investigate further. Partners working with us though one of our API programmes (Blogger, YouTube, etc.) should submit their own publisher ID and not that of the API partner.
For further assistance, visit these following resources: